Thank you for taking the time to consider donating to our organization!
All donations, both large and small contribute to all of our efforts to bring you quality and effective writing workshops and events. All of the money we raise goes directly to programming costs, writer’s fees, space rentals for events, writing workshop materials and supplies.
Here’s how your $5-$25 donations help:
- Provide snacks for our open mic series, featured readings and writing workshops.
- Provide materials such as pens, pencils, paper, post-it notes, markers, and office supplies for our writing workshops.
Here’s how your $25-$50 donations help:
- Helps with printing costs for fliers, business cards and promotional materials.
- Provides funding for at least one writing workshop facilitator (they are usually compensated $50 per session)
- Helps cover facility costs for writing workshops (usually $35-50 per workshop session)
- May help with bus travel/gas money for a Texas writer to come visit Houston.
Here’s how your $50-$100 donations help:
- Helps provide travel costs for Texas based artists.
- Helps compensate poets and performers for readings. (Usually compensated $100 per reading/performance)
- Helps with T-shirt printing, banners, event programs etc.
Here’s how your $100+ donations help:
- Provides travel cost for nationally recognized poets and performers to come visit and perform in Houston.
- Provides Tintero Projects with the opportunity to rent state of the art facilities for readings and events.
(Please know, we truly value and appreciate your donations. However, in full disclosure, we are not yet a recognized non-profit so your donations at this time are not tax-deductible. BUT, do know that it is your donations that keep our events ALWAYS FREE and open to the public.)